This Seasonal Tour Is Available September-May
The New York City Greenwich Village Meatball Tasting Food Tour explores Bohemian Greenwich Village and its vibrant and funky scene with yummy meatballs from several local venues. We sample a Raffetto’s northern-style Italian meatball, a Faicco’s classic southern Italian Neapolitan Meatball with crusty Italian baked daily bread, some Las Ramblas Spanish Meatballs with garlic aioli and fried rosemary sprigs, and lastly, Gottino’s Sicilian raisin pignoli meatballs. We’ll finish with a decadent Rocco’s signature fruit-a-misu pastry.
The tour starts at Raffetto’s Pasta store, built in 1907, then we progress to 100-year-old, family-owned Faicco’s Italian Specialties of Bleecker Street. We stroll by the famed cafes of MacDougal Street where beatniks, folkies, and hippies alike gathered in cigarette-filled coffee houses. You’ll also see the 1907 Porto Rico Importing Company, with its over 100 tea and coffee varieties, including its $125/lb Ting Tong Oolong Tea and $100/lb Jamaican Blue Mountain Coffee.
This tour offers more than food … you’ll marvel at the stunning baroque interior of Our Lady Pompeii Church, the only Manhattan Church with Sunday Mass in Italian. Finally, you’ll relax in the Italianate Father Demo Square, enjoying the Italian piazza-like scene while you relish a decadent Rocco’s pastry. This neighborhood comes alive with food, stories, music, and fun! Eat, Tour, and Explore on Greg Walks NYC’s New York City’s Greenwich Village Meatball Tasting Food Tour. Your tummy is in most excellent hands and will thank you! Samples and sites are subject to availability.
- A Raffetto’s Northern Italian Meatball
- A Faicco’s classic Neapolitan meatball With daily fresh baked crusty Italian semolina bread
- A Las Ramblas Spanish meatball with fried rosemary sprigs
- Gottino’s Sicilian raisin pignoli meatballs
- A decadent Rocco’s fruit-a-misu
- The Magnificent Romanesque 1886 St. Anthony of Padua Church
- The 114 year old Raffetto’s Pasta
- The 1888 Italian Tira a Segno Italian Rifle Club
- The 114 year old Porto Rico Importing Company
- Father Demo Square, which is actually a triangle
- The 1892 Baroque style Our Lady Of Pompeii Church
Samples and sites are subject to availability.