This Seasonal Tour Is Available September-May
The New York City East Village Pierogi Food Tour explores NYC’s funky East Village old-world charm with these yummy tastes: buttered Eastern European potato pierogi (dumplings), spicy Beer Kielbasa Sausage, Polish Paczki raspberry jelly donuts, a chocolate/vanilla B&H Egg Cream with a slice of their Zagat number-one-rated New York City challah, ending with Raspberry and Apricot Rugelach.
We’ll stroll Second Avenue, following in the footsteps of the famed Yiddish Rialto. See the Yiddish Theater Walk of Fame and the historic 1925 Moorish Revival Jaffe Yiddish Theater. We’ll walk past one of New York City’s oldest operating churches, the 1792 St. Mark’s in The Bowery Episcopal Church, set on Peter Stuyvesant’s former bowery/farm. Finally, we learn about Kleine Deutschland, Little Germany, home to 50,000 Germans in the 1880s, also enough people to fill today’s Yankee Stadium…that’s a lot of beer!
Greg’s foodie training began in his first-generation, Polish-American mother’s kitchen. He gained his expertise mashing potatoes for pierogi and grilling Italian hot sausages. Greg shares his Polish-American pride through the New York City East Village Pierogi Food Tour, sampling pierogi and other Old World Eastern European delicacies. This neighborhood comes alive with food, stories, music, and fun. Occasionally, Greg plays a polka or breaks out in song, for maximum fun. Eat, Tour, and Explore on Greg Walks NYC’s New York City East Village Pierogi Food Tour and see why this tour earned the Advisor Certificate of Excellence, now the Viator Badge of Excellence. You’re going to: eat heartily and your tummy will thank you. Greg Walks NYC’s New York City’s East Village Pierogi Food Tour (formerly the Pierogi Walk) is one of TIME OUT New York’s Best 100 activities under $100.
The Bites :
- Potato pierogi with buttered onion and sour cream
- Polish apple cake
- East Village Meat Market’s spicy beer kielbasa sausage
- Polish Pazcki raspberry donut
- B&H Dairy vanilla/chocolate egg cream, with the #1 NYC Zagat Rated Challah in NYC
- Fresh-brewed Porto Rico Importing Company coffee and fresh baked raspberry, apricot or chocolate rugelach
- St. Mark’s in the Bowery Episcopal Church and historical cemetery and church yard
- Kleine Deutschland, Little Germany
- Yiddish Walk of Fame
- The 1925 Moorish Revival Jaffe Yiddish Theater
- Funky and eclectic St. Mark’s Place
Samples and sites are subject to availability. All tours require three people to operate and if not will, be rescheduled.